Seasonal Weight Limits
For health related emergencies that would require a waiver from the Seasonal Weight Limits, please contact the Woodford County Health Department at 309-467-3064.
With the current weather forecast, the seasonal weight limit restrictions WILL REMAIN OFF (NOT IN EFFECT ) from Monday, March 26, 2018 through Thursday, March 29, 2018. On Thursday, March 29 we will re-evaluate the issue and post a statement regarding the status of the Weight Limit Restrictions.
Throughout the year we can continue to add names to our email/text distribution list for the road status updates. Go to the Notify Me button on any page and enter your information.
The Woodford County Highway Department, in accordance with 625 ILCS 5/15-316, is allowed by ordinance to post County Highways for weight limitations during the spring when roads are soft. The current seasonal weight limit in Woodford County is 5 tons per axle. When in place, all County Highways and Township Roads will be affected by these weight limits except for the following locations:
- County Highway 1 - From IL Route 116 to County Highway 11
- County Highway 2 - From I-39 to the east end of CH #2 in Minonk, Illinois
- County Highway 3 - From Cruger to U.S. Route 24
- County Highway 5 - From Secor to U.S. Route 24
- County Highway 5 - From IL 116 to 1,100 feet north of the IL Route 116 to the IDOT maintenance shed
- County Highway 8 - From U.S. Route 150 to 1.25 miles north of U.S. Route 150
- County Highway 11 - From County Highway #1 to IL Route 89
- County Highway 13 - From Front Street in Roanoke to the Woodford County Highway Department
- County Highway 21 - From the south village limit to Congerville to U.S. Route 150
- County Highway 23 - Entire highway
- County Highway 24 - From Low Point to IL Route 89
We continually update our contact list for emailing and texting information on the weight limit restrictions. Please click the Notify Me button on any page and enter your information if you do not currently receive our email/text updates during the January 15 to April 15 time period.